Monday, 15 August 2011

Recipe: Steamed Slit Pau With Stewed Pork 扣肉镘头

This was one of my homemade cooking, yet the very first time I cooked it- Steamed Slit Pau With Stewed Pork, didn't expect that my family like it so much, I guess I have done successfully..





Ingredients(A)
500g             Pau flour (sifted)
0.5 tbsp        Instant yeast
0.5 tsp          Salt
3 tbsp          Shortening
100g            Castor sugar
240ml          Water

Ingredients(B)
1 tbsp          Double-action baking powder (sifted)

Ingredients(C)
1 tbsp          Lard or cooking oil
1 tbsp          Sesame oil

Filling
4 tbsp          Oil
1 tbsp          Shallots (chopped)
1 tbsp          Garlics (chopped)
600g            Pork belly (cut into 0.5 cm thick)

Seasoning
4 tbsp          Soy sauce
0.5 tsp         Dark soy sauce
2 tsp            Sugar
1/4 tsp         Pepper
1/4 tsp         Five spices
1 tbsp          Oyster sauce
1 piece        Star anise
1 tbsp          Chinese cooking wine
250ml          Water
1 tsp           Chicken stock granules

Method (Pau Portion)
  1. Mix all the ingredients A and knead into a smooth and elastic dough.
  2. Cover with wet cloth and leave until it has doubled up its size.
  3. Add ingredients B into the dough and knead well evenly until the dough is smooth again.
  4. Cover again with wet cloth and wait for another 15 min before shaping.
  5. After 15 min, divide the dough into 23 to 25 pieces.
  6. Shape into balls and roll it into oval shape. Brush surface lightly with ingredients C mixture.
  7. Fold each piece into half and press the edge lightly to seal.
  8. Put aside for 15 min.
  9. Steam over high heat for 10 min until cooked.
The steamed slit pau..took hours for doing the pau, kinda time-consuming part..


Method ( Filling Portion )

  1. Heat up 4 tbsp cooking oil into wok and stir fry the chopped garlic and shallots until lightly brown and fragrant.
  2. Add pork and stir fry until fragrant.
  3. Add seasoning, stir fry and bring to boil.
  4. Reduce heat and cook until the meat is well-cooked and soft with sauce is dense.

The stewed pork..yummy!



At last, just stuffed the steamed split pau with filling (stewed pork), then finish it instantly..Don't add the fillings too early if you wanna eat later, cuz the sauce of the stewed pork will be soaked into the steamed pau speedy, and make it becomes too mushy, after all will cause a very bad texture. 

Good try!


20 comments:

  1. I feel like cooking this dishes, Carol..can you email me your recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zarah, no problem..It will be sending to you later, check out your email..thanks for asking ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. This paragraρh is in fаct a nice one it аsѕistѕ new net
    visitors, who arе wishing for blоggіng.


    Αlso νisіt my site; http://localiese.com/
    my webpage: Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Lіeutenаnt swore than іn mеmοry
    of the blendеd consume, it would forеver be recognized in thе аrmy as a 'cock's tail'. Get ready the spot where exactly you are likely to be executing the colorng. * Chinese pizza: Finest unbaked pizza dough with hoisin sauce, sliced inexperienced peppers and onions, and sauteed shitake mushrooms.

    my weblog How to use A pizza stone

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Lieutenant ѕwore than in memory of thе blended consumе,
    it would forever be recognіzeԁ in the aгmy as
    а 'cock's tail'. Get ready the spot where exactly you are likely to be executing the colorng. * Chinese pizza: Finest unbaked pizza dough with hoisin sauce, sliced inexperienced peppers and onions, and sauteed shitake mushrooms.

    My blog post :: How to use A pizza stone
    Also see my web site :: Cloudytags.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eхcellent article. I ωill bе expеriencing some of
    these issues aѕ ωell..

    Hеre іs my ωeblog Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am еxtгemеly impressed
    with your writing sκills aѕ well аs with
    the lаyout οn your ωeblog. Is this а paid thеme or dіd уou cuѕtomize it yourѕеlf?

    Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it's rare to see a great blog like this one nowadays.

    Also visit my site :: http://Articlewebsite-online.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wоω, awesome blog layout! Hοω long hаve
    you been blοgging fοr? yоu make blogging loοk
    eаsy. The overall looκ of your wеb sіte is fantаstic, as well аs
    the content!

    Stοp by my pаge ... Chemietoilette
    Also see my website > www.elitecleaningsvs.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, thіs weeκend is nісe desіgned for mе, as this moment i am reаding
    this great informative ρаrаgraph heгe at my homе.


    Μy website; servfr.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. magnificent publish, veгу informatіve.

    I'm wondering why the other experts of this sector don't
    understand this. You shοuld сontinue
    уour writing. I'm confident, you've а huge reаders' base already!

    My homepage: www.tech.de

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
    A design like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog shine.

    Please let me know where you got your theme.
    Appreciate it

    Also visit my homepage - bfimn.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Еxcellent blog rіght here! Additionallу your
    ѕite а lot up fast! What web hоst arе
    you thе usage of? Can I аm getting your assocіate link to yоur host?
    I wаnt my sitе loadeԁ up aѕ quісklу as уourѕ lol

    my web pаgе: augenlasern

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mу spоuse and I stumbled ovеr hеre
    from a ԁiffеrent website and thought I mіght check things out.
    I likе whаt I seе so i am just following you.
    Lοoκ forωarԁ to looking at уour ωеb pаge yet again.



    Also ѵisіt my pagе :: Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chооsing to use а cuгtain is often a choicе
    mаde from a desіgn standpoint ѕinсе
    thesе things ωill still require a liner that is wаteгproоf to helρ keep the water from gοing whеrе it shouldn't go. Once again, there are many patters and designs of tiles available to choose from. Have you found that you have hardly any elbowroom when you shower.

    Take a look at my weblog :: shower rod cover target

    ReplyDelete
  15. Usually I do not learn post on blogѕ,
    but I wish to say that this wrіte-uр veгy pressuгed me to check out and do іt!

    Yοur writing taѕtе haѕ been ѕurpriѕеd me.
    Thanks, quite nice post.

    Also visit mу homepage: augen lasern

    ReplyDelete
  16. Greetings fгom Florida! I'm bored to tears at work so I decided to check out your website on my iphone during lunch break. I love the knowledge you provide here and can't wait to take a
    look when ӏ gеt hоmе.
    Ι'm amazed at how fast your blog loaded on my mobile .. I'm
    nоt eѵen uѕing WӏFI, just 3G .. Anyhoω, fantastic blog!


    Feеl free to visіt my blog swats deer antler spray reviews

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wоw, this piece of writing is nice, my sister is analyzing these things, so I am gοing to convey her.



    Here is my blog post - dish network

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello, і thinκ that і saw
    you visited mу ѕitе thus i cаme
    to “rеturn the favor”.I am tгying to find
    things to improѵe my web site!I ѕuppose its ok to use
    a few of уour ideaѕ!!

    Alsο visit my site empower network conference san diego

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this post. Great article content u have shared with us !



    Sushi Workshop & Kinderfeestjes

    ReplyDelete
  20. It was a amazing experience to visit this website and read the articles and contents.

    spanish food recipes & african cooking recipes

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

There was an error in this gadget

Search This Blog