I've cooked a simple meal-Fragrance Rice Flour ( known as Meehoon in Malaysia ) for our dinner yesterday since I didn't feel like eating rice. I have been had it at restaurant so oftenly ever since I was little, therefore I tried to cook myself with my own recipe according to my sense of taste, hope it works.
100g Prawn ( peeled and deveined )
300g Pork ( cut into sliced, add 1 tbspcorn flour mix well )
300g Rice Flour or Meehoon ( soaked )
200g Cabbage ( cut into section )
1 clove Garlic ( chopped )
1 tbsp Corn flour ( add into half cup of water )
0.5 cube Chicken stock
1 tbsp Dark soy sauce
1 tbsp Oyster sauce
2 tbsp Light soy sauce
0.5 tsp Salt
0.5 tsp Pepper
- Add 1 tbsp corn flour into the clean pork slices, mix well.
- Add 1 tbsp corn flour into half cup of water, stir well and set aside.
- Deep fry the rice flour into the heated oil until fragrance and lightly brown.
- Remove fragrance rice flour from wok and strain off the oil.
- Leave 1 tbsp oil in the wok, stir fry chopped garlic till fragrance.
- Add and stir fry the pork first, then prawn and cabbage until fragrance.
- Add a cup of water into wok, in the meanwhile add all the seasoning and bring to boil.
- After make sure all the ingredients are cooked, stir well the corn flour water and pour in slowly to thicken the sauce.
- Stir well for a while and ready to be prepared.
- Pour the sauce and topping evenly the fragrance and crispy rice flour.
- The Fragrance Rice Flour is ready to be served. ( serve hot because the sauce will be rapidly soaked by the rice flour. )
- It's definitely a simple and easy meal to be prepared. Have a try ^^
It's work! My honey said it was even better and yummy than those we had in restaurant, I'm so glad he liked it ^^