This was my first time cooking <Loh Mai Kai 糯米鸡>, its name comes from Cantonese means glutinous rice with chicken, it's one of the dishes served at any "dim sum" restaurant for breakfast in Malaysia. Yet it's simple to be prepared as 1,2,3. Despite the glutinous rice is kinda starchy compares to ordinary rice and the portion to get fulled is half of the portion of ordinary rice, yet my honey ables to eat 3 of them each time, he loves it very much.
2 Chicken drumstick ( cut into small cubes )
2 Chicken breast (cut into small cubes)
600g Glutinous Rice (soaked)
8 Mushroom (optional, I didn't add because my honey doesn't fond of its smell)
2 Chinese sausage in slices (optional)
300g Char siew or roasted pork in slices (optinal)
Seasoning A ( for filling )
- Condiment the chicken cubes with seasoning A.
- Soak glutinous rice into water for 30 minutes.
- Drain and heat up into a steamer 30 minutes.
- Add seasoning B into cooked glutinous rice, mix well.
- Spread the filling of chickens, mushroom (optional), char siew (optional), chinese sausage (optional) into a small bowl.
- Topping with the cooked glutinous rice intact.
- Place into steamer and cook for 25 minutes.
- Turn over the bowl and place onto a plate.
- Nicely pour out the Loh Mai Kai from the bowl up sided down.
- Served hot.
It has a very easy method and simple recipe to prepare the dishes, why not just try it yourself at home.