Bubur Cha-Cha is a Malaysia "Nyonya" dessert of coconut milk with sweet potatoes, yam and tapioca pearls (optional), can be served hot and even better in cold for me. And it's very easy to be prepared with simple recipe and method.
300g Japanese sweet potatoes (cut into cubes)
300g Sweet white potatoes (cut into cubes)
300g Yam (cut into cubes)
1 Coconut (squeezed for coconut milk)
5-6 pieces Pandan leaves
0.5 tsp Salt (as preference)
- Squeezes coconut for 2 bowls of thick coconut milk.
- Add some water and squeezes for second time to get another 3 bowls of coconut milk.
- Place all the pototoes and yams heat up into steamer for 15 minutes or cooked.
- Heat up 3 bowls of coconut milk (second squeezed), sugar and pandan leaves in a pot until boiled.
- Add 2 bowls of thick coconut milk (first squeezed).
- Add some salt as preference.
- Pour in the cooked potatoes and yam and boil for a while.
Tadaaa...The dessert is ready to be served, it's very easy and simple method to prepare, isn't is?