<Spicy Braised Pork With Sweet Soy Sauce> is kinda easy to prepare, the dishes is slightly spicy and sweet with spice fragrance where you will easily eat more rice naturally as my hubby :-)
500g Pork Belly (cut into cubes)
2 pcs Star anise
1 pc Cinnamon stick
1 bulb Garlic (chopped)
1 bulb Large onion (chopped)
50g Fresh ginger (sliced)
20g Dried chili (soaked)
2 tbsp Cooking oil
6 tbsp Dark caramel sauce
2 tbsp Cooking wine
1 tbsp Light soy sauce
1/2 tsp Salt (as preference)
1 tsp Sugar (as preference)
- Heat up the wok with 2 tbsp cooking oil.
- Reduce heat and stir fry the chopped onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Turn high heat and add in pork cubes and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add cinnamon stick, star anise, dried chili, ginger, light soy sauce, dark caramel sauce.
- Add water and simmer for about an hour until the pork is tender and sauce is thick.
- Add salt and sugar as preference.
- Served hot.