This is another recipe from my late mum, and my hubby loves it so much. It's easy to prepare the dishes and method is simple, yet it doesn't least in the taste~ Enjoy!
1-3 Fishes ( depends on the size of the fish )
6-8 stalks Dried chilies ( soaked )
1 bulb Onion ( sliced )
1-2 tbsp Ginger ( chopped )
1-2 tbsp Garlic ( chopped )
half bowl Lard or cooking oil
3 tbsp Oyster sauce
0.5 tsp Sesame oil
0.5 tsp Salt ( taste as preference )
0.5 tsp MSG or sugar ( taste as preference )
- Rub fish with salt, set aside for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse off the fish, set on a plate and place into the boiling pre-heat steamer and steam for 5 minutes.
- Heat up the wok with lard or cooking oil.
- Saute chopped garlic, chopped ginger, sliced onion and dried chili until fragrant.
- Add seasonings and stir-fry.
- Set aside.
- Take out the fish from the steamer, and spreading the stir-fried mixtures on top of the fish.
- Put into the steamer and steam another 15 minutes.
Dadaa...The dishes is ready to be served!