< Borscht 罗宋汤 > is my favorite soup among many, its dense texture with variety vegetable flavors especially the sour of tomatoes, really raise my appetite. In addition to the savory taste, its nutritional value is even great. Therefore I've tried to cook it myself in my little Carol's Kitchen one day, and find it's comparable with those I've had in restaurant. It's extremely easy to be prepared instead of convoluted methods, just the matter of time whereas it has to be cooked longer period in order to get better densely taste of the vegetables totally absorbed in the soup and mushy enough to be dissolved, or the vegetables are gonna be too crunchy otherwise.
10 Tomatoes ( or more ) ( peeled < Click Here for method > and cut into small cubes )
1 tin (s) Tomato Puree ( add this for thicker tomato taste, or can be replaced by more fresh tomatoes )
3 Onions ( peeled cut into small cubes )
3 stalks Celeries ( cut into small cubes )
2 Potatoes ( peeled and cut into small cubes )
2 Carrots ( peeled and cut into small cubes )
500g Pork ribs ( cut into pieces remove slags < Click Here for method > )
3.5 liters Water
2 cubes Chicken stock ( or as preference )
- Cut all the ingredients into small cubes.
- Manage the pork ribs as the linked method.
- Add 3.5 liters water into the pot, and bring to boil.
- Add in pork ribs (processed) and all vegetables (in cubes) cook for 1/2 hour.
- Pour the tomato puree and chicken stock into the soup.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes ( the longer-period cook the thicker and greater soup texture/ taste ).
Dadaa...The < Borscht 罗宋汤 > is done, it's even better taste after reheating and having the next day. More denser texture and thicker taste.