I gave myself a thumbs up for first time making this dishes of mine-< Spicy Coconut Milk Prawn 香辣椰汁明蝦 >, it's mildly hot to me but greater to those who can't stand for spicy taste as my honey ( he can't really bear the spice things as me ). However he loves the dishes so well. The spices will definitely elevate your appetites especially those who living in the Tropics as me. Hot and humid climate makes us muddle-headed and loses appetites sometimes, and hot & spicy flavors will provoke our taste buds all the time, that's why I love spices!
500g Prawn ( with shell )
1 cup Coconut milk
1 bowl Coconut ( shredded )
1 stick Chinese cinnamon
1 piece Star anise
1 tsp Fennel seed
10 pieces Curry leaves
2 bulbs Onion ( cut into small cubes )
3 tbsp Blended chili ( Click Here for recipe )
3 tbsp Cooking oil
1 tsp Salt ( or as preference )
1.5 tsp Sugar ( or as preference )
- Marinade prawn with a little sugar and pepper. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Stir-fry shredded coconuts in wok without oil.
- Add seasonings and stir-fried until fragrant and slightly brown.
- Set aside.
- Heat up the wok with cooking oil.
- Pour all the ingredients ( except prawn, shredded coconut and coconut milk ) into wok, stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add marinaded prawn, shredded coconut and coconut milk, stir-fry about 5 minutes until the sauce become thicker and creamier.
- Add a little bit more salt if you want it to be more salty, or skip it if otherwise.
- The dishes is ready to be served.
It's simple to be prepared, isn't it? Try it yourself~