< Teow Chew Marinade Pork 潮州卤猪肉 > is one of the must have dishes whenever dining in any Teow Chew Porridge restaurant. It certainly my favorite dishes among all the Teow Chew dishes. Somehow most of the Teow Chew porridge I had was in my hometown-Kuala Lumpur and hardly to get in other states like Malacca where I've shifted to since my hubby is Malaccan. Therefore I got to cook it myself, my hubby and my father like it so much. It's easy to be prepared either, simple recipe and method. Have a try~
600g Streaky pork ( cut into a strip )
1 bulb Garlic ( chopped )
3 cups Water ( more or less, provided that the pork is fully immersed )
3 tbsp Cooking oil
3 tbsp Five spices powder
2 tbsp Pepper
3 tbsp Sugar (or as preference, some love sweeter )
3 tsp Salt ( or as preference, some love saltier )
3 tbsp Dark soy sauce
- Prepare some hard-boil eggs beforehand, set aside.
- Heat up the pot with cooking oil.
- Stir-fry the garlic and the streaky pork stripe for a while until the pork surface slightly brown.
- Add in dark soy sauce, five spices powder and pepper, and stir-fry for a while.
- Add water and reduce heat.
- Add in salt, sugar and eggs, and simmer for 30 minutes until the meat is tender and sauce is thick.
- Try stick in the meat with chopstick in order to make sure the meat is cooked and tender enough. Add a little bit more water to simmer longer if otherwise.
- Take out the cooked & tender pork as well as eggs.
- Cut the pork into slices, and cut the eggs into half.
- Place nicely the pork slices and eggs on the dish.
- Pouring the thick sauce on the pork & eggs surface evenly.
- The dishes is ready to be served.