Monday, 12 March 2012

Recipe: Teow Chew Marinade Pork 潮州卤猪肉

< Teow Chew Marinade Pork 潮州卤猪肉 > is one of the must have dishes whenever dining in any Teow Chew Porridge restaurant. It certainly my favorite dishes among all the Teow Chew dishes. Somehow most of the Teow Chew porridge I had was in my hometown-Kuala Lumpur and hardly to get in other states like Malacca where I've shifted to since my hubby is Malaccan. Therefore I got to cook it myself, my hubby and my father like it so much. It's easy to be prepared either, simple recipe and method. Have a try~

 




Ingredients
600g           Streaky pork ( cut into a strip )
1 bulb         Garlic ( chopped )
3 cups         Water ( more or less, provided that the pork is fully immersed )
3 tbsp          Cooking oil


Seasonings
3 tbsp         Five spices powder
2 tbsp         Pepper
3 tbsp         Sugar (or as preference, some love sweeter )
3 tsp           Salt ( or as preference, some love saltier )
3 tbsp         Dark soy sauce




Method
  1. Prepare some hard-boil eggs beforehand, set aside.
  2. Heat up the pot with cooking oil.
  3. Stir-fry the garlic and the streaky pork stripe for a while until the pork surface slightly brown.
  4. Add in dark soy sauce, five spices powder and pepper, and stir-fry for a while.
  5. Add water and reduce heat.
  6. Add in salt, sugar and eggs, and simmer for 30 minutes until the meat is tender and sauce is thick.
  7. Try stick in the meat with chopstick in order to make sure the meat is cooked and tender enough. Add a little bit more water to simmer longer if otherwise.



  1. Take out the cooked & tender pork as well as eggs.
  2. Cut the pork into slices, and cut the eggs into half.
  3. Place nicely the pork slices and eggs on the dish.
  4. Pouring the thick sauce on the pork & eggs surface evenly.
  5. The dishes is ready to be served.













2 comments:

  1. A very well-written post. I read and liked the post and have also bookmarked you. All the best for future endeavors
    IT Company India

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for supporting and liking my blog, Ranjan. I will try my best in future emerging more inspiring and interesting posts to contribute the ones who like my blog. Have a wonderful day~^^

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

There was an error in this gadget

Search This Blog