This version of < Claypot Salted Fish Chicken Rice 瓦煲咸鱼鸡饭 > is my very own recipe, which I have observed & reconnoitered from certain food stall where I found they serve a very delicious Claypot Chicken Rice. Nevertheless they would never ever tell me the recipe nor the seasoning of making it regardless. Therefore the following recipe is definitely my very own version, and my honey & father love it so much, and my honey even says it's better than he had from the stall before.
500g Chicken ( cut into cubes )
5-10 slices Ginger ( sliced )
2-3 pieces Salted fish ( as preference )
1 stalk Spring onion ( cut into small section )
2 tbsp Cooking oil
3 cups Rice ( cooked )
4 tbsp Dark soy sauce
3 tbsp Oyster sauce
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Msg
2 cups Water
- Heat up 2 tbsp cooking oil in wok.
- Saute ginger slices until fragrant.
- Add in chicken cubes, stir fry until medium cooked.
- Add all seasonings ( except water ), stir fry until fragrant.
- Add water and simmer for a while.
- Set aside.
- Cook 3 cups of rice.
- Preheat the clay pot beforehand.
- Fill up the heated clay pot with cooked rice.
- Pour in the chicken & broth evenly on top the rice, make sure the rice is entirely immersed with sufficient broth to get rid of over dried and burnt.
- Place the salted fish as desire.
- Coverup with lid and high heat for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Now the < Claypot Salted Fish Chicken Rice > is ready to be served.