500g Pau flour ( sifted )
0.5 tbsp Instant yeast
0.5 tsp Salt
3 tbsp Shortening
100g Castor sugar
1 tbsp Double-action baking powder ( sifted )
300g Chicken ( cut into small pieces )
100g Yam bean ( cut into small pieces )
2 tbsp Spring onion ( diced )
1 tsp Ginger juice
1 tsp Shallot juice
3 tbsp Water
1 tbsp Fried garlic oil
1 tbsp Corn flour
1 tsp Cooking wine
0.5 tsp Pepper
0.5 tsp Salt
1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Sesame oil
2 tbsp Light soy sauce
1 tsp Chicken stock
Method ( Pau Portion )
- Mix all the ingredients A together and knead into a smooth and elastic dough.
- Cover with a piece of wet cloth and leave until it has doubled its bulk.
- Add ingredient B to the dough and knead well to distribute the baking powder until the dough is smooth again.
- Cover again and let the dough to rest for 15 minutes before shaping.
- Mix all the fillings and seasonings, stirring in one direction.
- Chill in fridge for 3-4 hours beforehand.
- Divide dough into portion of approximately 30g each and shape into a small ball.
- Roll the small ball into round, scoop a tbsp of filling and shape into pao and leave for 30 minutes before steam.
- Steam the pao in the steamer over high heat for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Serve hot for better taste.