< Basil Stir-Fry Chicken / Pork 泰式九层塔炒雞肉 / 猪肉 > always my favorite Thai dishes. I would wolf down as much as I could during every visit to Thailand. It absolutely not a high grade dishes which merely served in 5 stars hotels/ restaurants nor rare cuisine you barely find in Thailand. It's a very cut-price dishes that almost served in every eatery as well as roadside stall in Thailand, that is to say this dishes is ubiquitous. Hence it is one "Must Buy" instant foodstuff I would grab from 7-Eleven in bulk every time I visit to Thailand, < Fried Basil Pork With Rice ( Click Here ) >. However, they could not last long, they would be finished within a day or two despite in "Bulk" due to I could gobble down 3 packs at once every meal. Hence, I need to cook it my own to alleviate my all time cravings as well.^^
600g Minced meat ( Chicken/ Pork/ Beef )
1 bulb Garlic ( fine chopped )
3 bulb Shallot ( fine chopped )
10 Chili padi ( fine chopped ) ( as preference, can be more or less )
1 handful Basil leaves ( stems removed )
3 tbsp Cooking oil
1.5 tbsp Fish sauces
2 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Sweet soy sauces
2 tsp Ground pepper
- Heat up wok with 3 tbsp cooking oil. Saute chopped garlic and shallot until fragrant.
- Add in the minced meat, stir-fry and crumble into small lump in the meantime.
- Poor in chopped chili padi and all the seasonings when the meat is totally cooked, and stir-fry.
- At last, add in the basil leaves and stir-fry, until we smell the aroma of Basil leaves.
- And the dishes is ready to be served.
As a matter of fact the dishes is so appetizing, my hubby & I could wolf down 2 plates of plain rice with this dishes alone. ^^